Monday, June 6, 2011

Though I Once Embraced the Darkness

I know I've pretty much been MIA the last month or so, but now that summer is settling in I'm planning on returning to consistency. Here is a hymn written (both music and words) by one of my close friends David Gill. David has been a tremendous blessing in my life and has enriched my time here at seminary. At the bottom, I've left links for downloads for both a recording of the son, and for the music. Enjoy!

"Though I once embraced the darkness, loved my sin and self alone,
was opposed to Christ's own mission, lived for glory all my own:
Yet my God who loved me freely saw my sin, my guilt and shame,
saw my unrepentant spirit, still ordained me live again.

Live for Christ, in Him, forever, trusting Him and Him alone.
Resting not on my obedience: saved by works but not my own!
Christ obeyed the law completely, gave me standing pure and true,
fellowship that can't be broken by my will or what I do.

To the Father, Son and Spirit, I make this my earnest prayer:
Keep me close, surround me, guide me to Your side and to Your care.
To Your name and to Your glory, I now freely bend my knee;
Cause me now to know Your mercy; of your saving love for me.

Daughters, Sons, await His coming, when we'll see Him face to face.
Robes washed white with Christ's own bleeding, ruling with Him endless days!
He has set for us a banquet, giving us as Jesus bride;
all the blood bought saints around Him: these, for these has Jesus died. "





Download

download the recording

No comments:

Post a Comment