Monday, March 28, 2011

Privileges in Christ

From the Valley of Vision prayer book:


"How great are my privileges in Christ Jesus!
Without him I stand far off, a stranger, an outcast;
in him I draw near and touch his kingly sceptre.
Without him I dare not lift up my guilty eyes;
in him I gaze upon my Father-God and friend.
Without him I hide my lips in trembling shame;
in him I open my mouth in petition and praise.
Without him all is wrath and consuming fire;
in him all is love, and the repose of my soul. 
Without him is gaping hell below me, and eternal anguish;
in him its gates are barred to me be his precious blood.
Without him darkness spreads its horrors in front;
in him an eternity of glory is my boundless horizon.
Without him all within me is terror and dismay;
in him every accusation is charmed into joy and peace.
Without him all things external call for my condemnation;
in him they minister to my comfort
and are to be enjoyed with thanksgiving.
Praise be to thee for grace,
and for the unspeakable gift of Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment