Saturday, January 19, 2013

10,000 Reasons

A great song from Matt Redman that came out last year. I love the verses to this song:

The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes

You're rich in love, and You're slow to anger
Your name is great, and Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find

And on that day when my strength is failing
The end draws near and my time has come
Still my soul will sing Your praise unending
Ten thousand years and then forevermore





Some powerful lines:

"Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me, Let me be singing when the evening comes"

"And on that day, when my strength is failing, The end draws near and my time has come, Still my soul will sing Your praise unending"

That's the prayer of my heart. That each day, whatever comes to pass, whether suffering, trials, loss, hardships, joy, lonliness, that my heart would still rejoice in God's goodness. And that on my last day, my legacy would be one of faith in God's promises that result in praise.


No comments:

Post a Comment