Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Who Am I?

A seemingly simple question of identity. Yet, I'd be curious as to how people would respond if you randomly stopped them and asked. Here is how King David might answer that question:

"The LORD is my shepherd"
Psalm 23:1

For David, the answer is simple. Here is how I imagine David answering:

I am the LORD's. I belong to Him. I am a sheep and He is my shepherd. 
Sheep may be dumb, stubborn, needy, weak, and often ignorant, 
and I am not too proud confess that I am those things as well. 
I may be dumb, but I am His. My shepherd leads me. 
I may be stubborn, but I am His. My shepherd is infinitely compassionate towards me. 
I may be weak, but I am His. My shepherd is my strength, and His strength is made perfect in my weakness. 
I may be needy, but I am His. My shepherd provides for me. He carries me through. 
I  may be ignorant, but I am His. My Shepherd shows me the way and restores my soul.
My only hope in life and death, is that I belong to my Lord. My confidence is not in my ability as a sheep, but rather in the fact that my shepherd is the Good Shepherd, who lays down His life for His sheep. I am His. 

No comments:

Post a Comment