Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I Will....

"And they shall be my people, and I will be their God. 
I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear me forever, 
for their own good and the good of their children after them. 
I will make with them an everlasting covenant, 
that I will not turn away from doing good to them.
And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me.
I will rejoice in doing them good, 
and I will plant them in this land in faithfulness, with all my heart and all my soul."
Jeremiah 32: 38-41

I saw this verse on Scotty Smith's blog this morning and was simply amazed. God's love for us is almost unbelievable. God chooses to make us his people. He lovingly changes our hearts, so that we can walk in his ways. He unconditionally binds himself to us in a covenant, to which he is unwavering in his commitment. He constantly is good to us. He keeps us from turning to other gods. Further, God DELIGHTS to do all of this for us! It is his good pleasure to bestow love upon his children. And, he loves us with all of his heart and soul. Now, that is simply amazing. I need some more of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment