Sunday, July 22, 2012

He has done it. Trust him.

"A hungry man eats even though he does not understand the composition of his food, the anatomy of his mouth, or the process of his digestion. He knows that he lives because he eats. Another far more clever person understands thoroughly the science of nutrition, but if he does not eat, he will die with all his knowledge. There are, no doubt, many in hell at this hour who understood the doctrine of faith but did not believe. On the other hand, not one who has trusted in the Lord Jesus has ever been cast out, though he may never have been able to intelligently define his faith. Oh, receive the Lord Jesus into your soul, and you will live forever!"

-All of Grace by Charles Spurgeon

...

When asked, "How do you feel about the state of your soul today?", it is easy for me evaluate the purity and progress of my heart and mind as the basis for my answer. And though I pray I continue to grow in my understanding of doctrine and things of faith, my instinctual "self-based" evaluation feels like a haymaker to the gut sometimes. Only when we simply claim Jesus as our answer, is there life giving, peace bringing, and rest instilling confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment