Friday, September 23, 2011

Rebirth East St. Louis

To those who are interested, here is the link to the ministry I've been working with, Rebirth East St. Louis. Rebirth is a ministry aimed at bringing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the youth of East St. Louis. Right now, I'm coaching football at the public high school and using that as a means to minister to the kids through weekly Bible studies, and simple things such as giving kids rides home, getting to know them, sharing meals with them, and walking with them through their struggles. It has truly been a joy to be able to spend time in East St. Louis and it is my hope and prayer that God would restore and transform this community through the good news of Jesus.

If you are interested in learning more about Rebirth East St. Louis and what we do, or if you want to learn more about the city of East St. Louis, I encourage you to check out the Rebirth website. Also, I encourage you to join me in praying for the youth and the community of East St. Louis. Check out the Rebirth blog for updates on the ministry, ways you can pray, along with recaps of our weekly Bible studies.

Periodically, I'll also be posting on here my thoughts and experiences with inner-city ministry in East St. Louis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment