"Come and see what God has done:
he is awesome in his deeds toward the children of man"
What are the awesome deeds that God has done? The psalmist goes on to describe them.
- "He turned the sea into dry land; they passed through the river on foot" (vs. 6)
- He has defeated his enemies. (vs. 3)
- He rules and keeps watch over the nations. (vs. 7)
- He has given life to our souls (vs. 9)
- "Yet you have brought us out to a place of abundance." (vs. 12)
- "But truly God has listened; he has attended to the voice of my prayer." (vs. 19)
- He is steadfast in his love. (vs. 20)
This morning, let us recall the awesome deeds of God. Let us remember the faithfulness and steadfast love of our Lord, who has created us, and who has saved our life from the destruction of sin. Because of who God is, and because of what He has done, our response should be the same of the psalmist in Psalm 66.
"Shout for joy to God, all the earth;
sing the glory of his name;
give to him glorious praise!
Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds!
so great is your power that your enemies come cringing to you.
All the earth worships you
and sings praises to you;
they sing praises to your name."
This day, let us shout for joy, and glory in the awesome deeds of our God!