Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Heart Surgery

Deuteronomy 30: 6 "And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your offspring, so that you will love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live."

Ezekiel 36: 26-27a "And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you.."

Jeremiah 31: 33 "But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people."

....

My older brother, Jason, led me to these passages in scripture where God promises to perform spiritual heart surgery on His people. I love the illustration of God acting as our physician. We are utterly helpless, alone in our ill state. However, He has diagnosed our illness, and given us the cure in Himself, through his son Jesus Christ. How wonderful it is that out of God's love, He pursued us, claimed us as his own, sent His Son to die for us, and then gave us His Spirit to sanctify us daily, and reset the beat of our hearts to His Word, His Will and His Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment